Monday, May 11, 2009

Onward and Upward

Wow, what a great weekend. We started it off with a really nice dinner on Friday night over at Mimi's house (For those of you that don't know her, Mimi is my Grandmother). It was really nice to spend time with the family. Ever since I was a little kid, being together with the whole family has been one of my favorite things to do, and it remains that way today.

On Saturday, Kim had my nose to the grindstone working out in the yard. We got the garden planted, trees trimmed, lawn mowed, dog washed and a bunch of other things done as well. Working in the yard may not be my favorite thing, but I always enjoy seeing the fruits of my/our labor.

Yesterday was, of course, all about the Mom's. We had a great brunch with Mom at Smitty's, I have to recommend the Super Omelet sans gravy. We then we came home to get ready to go to Kim's folks. We had a nice time up there, especially when I got into the AirSoft gun war with Brandon and Luke. Lots of fun.

I think I'm going to start posting recipes to my blog twice a week, on Tuesday and Thursdays. It's going to be for fun, and to hopefully give people an idea for good things to eat. They won't just be about bbq, I'll have things you can cook in the kitchen too. I'm going to try and keep them all original, but on occasion I may have to pass one on that is somebody else's, but just to good to pass up. I'll of course give them credit.

Now we're onto this week. As I posted on my Facebook status, I think this is going to be a good one. We're seeing orders pick up at Tough Guy, which is always a good thing, although our traffic was down a little bit this weekend. I never like to see that, but just like anything, it ebbs and flows. I'm actually glad that this swine flu thing is over so I don't have to deal with backorders anymore. We're in the process of adding a bunch of new products that were recommended to us (Thanks Jeff!) and hopefully this week we'll make some real headway on the shirt/logo production. Summer is coming up and we need have the T-Shirts ready for all those construction guys.

We continue to come up with new and interesting ideas, along with ideas from outside sources, to try and find something else we can build on. We know that there is a place for us to do something significant, we just kind of need to pick where we want to go. I think that the bbq line of products is probably going to be the most cost effective endeavor to begin with, so we'll continue to focus on that, but we've got to many good ideas to put them all out to pasture. We've been looking long and hard at financing solutions, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything. With the bbq line (bbq sauce, hawaiian marinade, and rub, to begin), we're really looking at soliciting investors. It would be a pretty low entry point for the investor, and I think there is a really big opportunity. We don't want to focus on the individual consumer, but instead on restaurants, bars, anything that will require a constant need for the product. Consumers may only go through 1-3 bottles of bbq per year, but if we can get into eating establishments, they will use a lot more. Just my thoughts, I could be completely wrong. I could be wrong about everything I've said about business in this blog, but it's me leading me, so I've got to keep on trying until I know for certain I'm right or wrong.

I'm also still looking for a solid job. I really would like to get on with Vancouver Clinic, mainly because of the benefits and I know they treat their employees well. God will take care of me, he always does.

Stay Positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment