Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Tuesday's Recipe-Bacon Topped Chicken

Since I decided to try this whole 2 recipes per week deal, way back last week, it seems like all of the recipes I have in my head have evacuated. Of course, being a man, I don't write most of them down, because you just never know who may bust into my house looking for them! Like that will ever happen although no one on earth knows the bbq sauce recipe but me. To me, and so far only me, it's like the Colonel's 11 herbs and spices or the Coke formula.

So, today I give you one of my tried and try concoctions, it's not hard to do, and you don't have to do it on a bbq, although I really recommend it. If you've got a smoker, give the breasts a good hour smoke.

Bacon Topped Chicken

Ingredients:

Boneless chicken breast-1 per person
Bacon-2 slices per person
BBQ Sauce of your choice-preferably BigSpill's BBQ Sauce
Sliced Cheddar Cheese
BigSpill's Basic Rub-recipe to follow


Sprinkle your chicken liberally with BigSpills Basic Rub on all sides then start cooking your chicken breasts, on the bbq, on the stove, over the fire, however you want to cook. Then, cook your bacon. Once the chicken is just about done, NOT OVERDONE, slather it with bbq sauce on both sides, top with 2 strips of bacon and then sliced cheddar. Make sure you can cover it, so that the cheese has a chance to melt. Remove from heat and serve.

BigSpill's Basic Rub

1.5 T Salt
2 T Garlic Powder
1/2 t onion powder
1 T Black Pepper
1/4 t celery salt

This is not a hard recipe, and it has many many different variations, some of which you probably see here down the road. Pair it with a baked potato, and you're dialed in for a great dinner.

Please let me know what you think of this recipe, or what you think in general in the comments section. Have a great day!

Stay Positive

1 comment:

  1. Will has prepared this recipe for us, and I think it is one of the best chicken dishes I've had in a long time. We gobbled it up!

    ReplyDelete